I’m sharing the routine that I go through each and every morning. Share this with your partner to see how much of the work she actually does compared to you.
- 8:00 AM, gets woken up by my daughter. Even if shes tired, she will wake up at around this time.
- 8:15 AM, it’s time for the little one to get a diaper change, brush her teeth and wipe her face for the morning. Also need to get her a set of clothing for the day, she gotta dress her part so that she feels like it’s awake time!
- 8:30 AM, breakfast time! What kind of breakfast? Whatever that is fast and easy 😂 since I’m not that good with cooking/preparing meals on the fly.
- 8:45 AM, time to leave her to her mom for the day as I get ready for work for 9:30 AM
So, that is the routine that I have with my daughter every workday morning. It doesn’t leave me too much time to get myself ready, but it does give my wife a head-start on her day since she doesn’t have to handle the little one’s morning tasks.
You might be thinking that why do I have a morning routine when I’m not working, should I be resting more since it’s a day off?
That is an answer that a dad who doesn’t have their kids listed as one of the top items for the best way to spend their time effectively. I personally do a lot of things with my daughter in the morning. Why? Because I actually get to spend quality time with her during this precious time in her life. I cherish every moment of it.
So here is my routine for a non-workday:
- 8:00 AM, my daughter wakes me up like clockwork.. lol. So I’m up at this time with her too. She really should learn to sleep in too!
- 8:15 AM, it is time for her to get a diaper change, brush her teeth, and get a morning wipe to prepare for the morning. I don’t always give her daytime clothing as I get lazy to prepare them.
- 8:30 AM to 8:45 AM, now that we are awake, I try to think of what we can make that is more of a balanced breakfast.
- 9:30 AM, it’s play time! From playing at home or going out to a mall or IKEA just to let the little one get some exercise and stretch out her legs. Getting her to burn off some of her extra energy.
- 11:00 AM, after a 1.5 hour energy burning exercise session, it’s time for us to go back home, wind down, and get ready for her first nap.
So there you have it, what I do with my daughter in the morning. This isn’t something that you agree to follow as a dad, but as an important member of the family and a role model for my daughter, I want to show my daughter that dad’s or men dont get any special treatment when they are a part of a close-knit family.