It’s already 6 months or half a year since your baby is born?! Congratulations on being such an awesome dad to your child!
Do you want to communicate with your baby, without having to use spoken language? You can try to teach them baby sign language! I taught my daughter baby sign language and it has made a world of difference in our communication between her and both me and my wife. She can express herself with what she wants and not get frustrated at us.
Here is a BuzzFeed Video of a mother teaching the baby sign language for 1 week. The results were amazing for them and I can definitely stand by at how awesome it is for your baby to learn that.
At 6 months old, it is also time for your baby to be starting to be more nimble around the house. It is better right now to be done baby-proofing your house so that your baby doesn’t get hurt from table corners or other sharp objects!
Baby: “I Got It” – 6 Months Old (easier challenge milestones)
- Can recognize and feel comfortable with you and your wife
- Is able to pass a toy from one hand to the other.
- Should be able to sit up assisted.
- Assisted standing up and just bouncing up and down!
- May have a further reach to grab things by lunging forward
- Plays with a sippy cup thinking that it’s a new play toy.
- Your baby has taken an active interest in your activities while you are starting to implement baby sign language.
Baby: “I’m Awesome, You Know” – 6 Months Old (medium challenge milestones)
- Your baby uses rolling as a form of getting around.
- Being able to sit up unassisted.
- Your baby is able to sleep 6-8 hours overnight without needing to wake up for night feeding.
- Your baby is rocking back on forth while on all-fours. (the beginnings of crawling)
- May have a favorite stuffed animal or doll.
Baby: “Challenge Accepted” – 6 Months Old (hard challenge milestones)
- Your baby showing interest in wanting to brush their own teeth.
- Your baby is crawling.
- Your baby is able to stack objects like toys or blocks.
- Is able to drink from the sippy cup.
- Your baby is actively using the baby sign language
Every month, your baby has achieved certain milestones and beginning to hit some other milestones. Check out the Mr. Involved Baby Milestones series here.
- 1 Month Old – Baby Milestones
- 2 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 3 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 4 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 5 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 6 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 7 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 8 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 9 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 10 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 11 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 12 Months Old – Baby Milestones