You are three months into being a dad! How do you feel right now? Can you put those feelings into words?
If you can put those feelings into words, then perfect! Now share those feelings with your wife and/or child. They are the perfect audience for you since they love to hear you express and share your feelings. By doing this now, it’ll make it easier to be expressive with your child when they are older.
If you can’t put those feelings into words yet, that’s fine too. Start by finding ways to quantify your feelings into words or text. Cause the faster you learn to do this, the more quality bonding time you will have with your family.
Now that you are 3 months into your child being born into this life, did you ever thought about taking care of yourself? Did you ever think about letting your wife just take it easy for a little bit of time to recover? Check out the self-care guide that I wrote for when you are a busy parent here. Taking care of your family is one thing, but your own health and wellness are just as important.
Baby: “I Got It” – 3 Months Old (easier challenge milestones)
- Smiling! smiling a lot now!
- Tries to respond to you by making a sound.
- Able to grip onto something small, like a baby rattle.
- Their tummy time session has now turned a very short and difficult pushup session.
- They can open and close their hands.
Baby: “I’m Awesome, You Know” – 3 Months Old (medium challenge milestones)
- Smiles when you do something to them, like poke their baby cheeks.
- Their eyes follow your fingertips.
- Swings their hands like a bat at any toys handing above them.
- When you hold your baby upright, your baby will push down with their feet!
Baby: “Challenge Accepted” – 3 Months Old (hard challenge milestones)
- Tries to laugh/giggle.
- The expressive facial expression, eg. my daughter showed the super cute baby sad face when we didn’t give her breastmilk fast enough.
- Doing a Victory pose in their sleep, mine lifted up one of her arms up in the air.
Every month, your baby has achieved certain milestones and beginning to hit some other milestones. Check out the Mr. Involved Baby Milestones series here.
- 1 Month Old – Baby Milestones
- 2 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 3 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 4 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 5 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 6 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 7 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 8 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 9 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 10 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 11 Months Old – Baby Milestones
- 12 Months Old – Baby Milestones